Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Straits Times (1 June 2007) - Ltr: NEA staff should have told him to call PUB

http://www.straitstimes.com/ST+Forum/Story/STIStory_124781.html

The Straits Times
June 1, 2007

NEA staff should have told him to call PUB

ON MAY 25, I noticed that the drain along Jalan Loyang Besar (near Aloha Loyang) was again choked with overgrown weed and fallen leaves. I called the National Environment Agency (NEA) hotline to alert the staff to the problem. The officer assured me that she would pass my feedback to the relevant officer.
Three days later, I went to check on the drain. It was still choked. So I called NEA again. I was shocked when another officer told me that the choked drain comes under PUB. She asked that I call PUB instead.
I called the PUB hotline and an officer promised to have the matter looked into. Meanwhile, the drain is still choked.
It is ironic that while the CEO of NEA was making a big effort to declare war on mosquito breeding, the officer manning the NEA hotline adopted a different attitude.
It seems that whoever is responsible for the upkeep of the drain has failed in their duty. In the past five to 10 years, I had often been the one to clear the overgrown grass and debris.

Ong Kim Soon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home