Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Choked Drains Breeding Mosquitoes - Rotan Lane/Race Course Lane

The following sent by Contributor, Kenny Lim on 20 Sept 2005:

To: M/s Nordin SULAIMAN - NEA
Wai Kwong CHOY - PUB
Wei Wei TAN - NEA

cc: Mr Lee Hsien Loong - Prime Minister

Attention: Manager NEA, Mr.Nordin Sulaiman,

I refer to my numerous previous email to you.

On the15th afternoon, I reported to the NEA hotline about the mosquito breeding places in my neighborhood. Subsequently NEA called me to confirmed that the places I reported were spruced up.

I then checked the places and found that it was not true.The hotline staff than asked me to contact you and complain to you.

Upon receiving my complain, you came down to Rotan Lane around 3:15pm and have a joint-inspection with me around the neighborhood. You confirmed that theContractor did not do the work and will be penalised.

I also showed you the drains between Race Course Lane and Blk 672B. IT WAS BREEDING MOSQUITOES.

The following day I collected larvae sample and complain why the drains was still the same. I inform you the situation and asked your staff Mr Majid to collect the larvae sample from my family member as I was leaving for Penang. The Larvae is fully grown.That was already 17th September.

On the 19th morning, I returned from Penang I again called you to complain that the drains was still the same and nothing was done. Mr Majid later called me that the Contractor Vehicle has broken down and the Contractor will clean the place in the afternoon.

This morning, 20th September I checked the places and it looks exactly the same. The drains was not covered with oil as an interim measure while waiting to be spruce up.

By then 5 days has passed, I presumed the Mosquito larvaes has become Mosquitoes and flew away to spread the Dengue Fever.

You have also written to the Senior Manager Choy Wai Kwong of PUB the horrible condition and also informthem that the drains were breeding Mosquitoes.

To my surprise, PUB ALSO GAVE NEA A FALSE REPORT CONFIRMING THAT THE DRAINS WERE SPRUCED UP AND I AM VERY HAPPY. I HAVE WRITTEN TO PUB TO ASK FOR A LETTER OF APOLOGY BECAUSE THEY DID NOT DO THEIR JOB.

What is the point of our Prime Minister looking into the drains to look for breeding ground and Dr YAACOB Ibrahim going around to distribute leaflets.

They can come to my place and I can show them the breeding ground.

I am adamant to exposed the irresponsible and complacenct working attitude of NEA, PUB.

Many innocent lives have lost and many thousands have suffered and risk death. How can you guys be so irresponsible, sluggish when even the PRIME MINISTER HAS TO LOOK INTO THE DRAINS IN SEARCH OF MOSQUITOES.

Is it a Propaganda? I believe it is not because ourPrime Minister is known to be kind, caring and ON THE BALL. You guys better be the same.

I will persist until all the sunken drains and choked drains in my neighborhood be cleared than I will rest.

Kenny Lim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home